"Yul is expert at creating background mood for quiet cocktails, guiding the bride down the aisle or being the centrepiece of your entertainment."
Review by Timeout Parties Guide 2008 - 2009
Available for your wedding, party, corporate function or whatever mad cap spectacular you can think of that might require a man sitting at a piano and playing it.
Book Yul Emir as part of a vocal/ piano duo? He works with the superb international jazz vocalist, Helen McDonald https://www.facebook.com/helen.mcdonald.1000?fref=ts
If you would prefer a saxophone/ piano duo, for many years he has worked with the superbly evocative tenor sax player James Gilbert.
Check out Yul Emir's impressive musical CV and repertoire.
- Extremely competitive hire fees
- Make your event musically bespoke by choosing your set list. Yul will source it even if it is not in his repertoire
- Portable digital piano available if required
- £2 million public liability insurance
- All equipment PAT tested
Yul Emir is an in demand piano/keyboard player who has gigged extensively across the UK as a solo pianist and in bands of varying size and style
Currently Yul is busy on the London circuit performing with five piece rare groove outfit Future Groove. Notable performances have included supporting Jazzy B at The Hootannany, Brixton, The Lambeth Country Show (2012, 2013 and 2014) The London Jazz Festival 2016 (Pop Brixton), The Cambridge Jazz Festival 2015 and the WM Jazz club (at the O2).
A July quartet gig 2014 (with Sue Lynch, Adrian Northover and Peter Whyatt) saw him comp for poet/comedian John Hegley. In 2013 he was the house piano player at Dee Dee's Jazz Jam (Herne Hill).
As a solo pianist he enjoyed a three year residency 2003 - 2006 at Theatrelands Cafe Fish Rupert St London W1. During this time he was also a regular at Park Lanes prestigious Grosvenor House Hotel London W1, performing to guests in the Park Room and the Court Room.
December 2009 saw him perform with the internationally renowned flautist Keith Waite and the Macusi Players as part of The London Jazz Festival at The Tabernacle W11. Earlier the same year he was proud to be at The Tabernacle as the house piano player for Mama Africa; an event headlined by Helen McDonald featuring artists such as Francine Luce and NIkki Yeoh.
The same year he played with the powerful 13 piece afrobeat outfit Yaaba Funk at The Africa Centre for their single launch. He is also the keyboard player on their excellent 2009 album Afrobeast.
2003 - 2004 he became the house piano player for the long running jazz jam at The Amersham Arms in New Cross , playing with the cream of the London jazz scene. He also did a gig with the horn heavy weight outfit that is the John Bennett Big Band.
2001 - 2003 Yul toured army bases, performed at The Ritz in London's Piccadilly W1 and played at countless Wedding receptions with five piece rock /pop covers band Venus.
1995 - 2001 Yul Emir was involved in writing, running, composing and performing original compositions with a nine piece pop/soul band, a 5 piece jazz funk outfit and two sax lead jazz fusion quartets. Gigs included The Jazz Cafe, Camden NW1, Jazz at The Crypt Camberwell SE5 and The Concorde 2 in Brighton supporting Hefner (Ninja Tune).
Celebrities and VIPs Yul Emir has performed for:
- Gordon Brown Ex Labour PM at Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Hugh Laurie at private function Fitzroy Square London 2016
- David Baddiel at RIBA
- Emma Thomson, Maureen Lipman, Chas and Dave, Max Clifford, Tony Robinson, James Dreyfus, Michael Portillo, Matt Willis from Busted, and of course not forgetting reality TV star Rick Waller, at Cafe Fish W1.
- A Hungarian holiday maker who tried to feed him cheese cake as he played the One note Samba.
02 2 When i Fall in Love.mp3
01 1 Take Five.mp3
- Ickworth House (National Trust Manor House) Bury St Edmunds Suffolk - Wedding reception
- Jazzlive at The Crypt St. Giles Church Camberwell SE5
27th Feb 2015 with Helen McDonald's Future Groove
- Jazzlive at The Crypt St. Giles Church Camberwell SE5 2005/2006 with James Gilbert and The Descendants 27/02/2015
- Ingatestone Hall, Chelmsford, Essex - Wedding
- Hylands House, Chelmsford - Wedding
- L auberge (Barnes) - Wedding
- The Tabernacle W11
- The Ivy W1 - private function
- Royal Institute of British Architects (W1)
- The Polish Embassy - W1
- Plaisters' Hall EC1 - Corporate function
- Cafe Fish W1 - 3 year residency
- Grosvenor House Hotel (Park Lane) - in the Park Room and Court Room
- The Ritz W1 - with 5 piece pop band
- The Jazz Cafe (Camden) - with 4 piece original jazz quartet and 8 piece soul band.
- Chez Gerard W1 - New W1 restaurant launch night.
- The Concorde 2 - Brighton with original Jazz trio
- The Atlantic Bar and Grill, London W1 with five piece jazz funk band
- The Hootananny supporting Jazz B (Soul to Soul) with Future Groove
- The Lambeth Country Show 2012/2013/2014 with Future Groove
- The Lambeth Country Show 2015 with Valentinos Street Band
- The Forge in Camden NW1 with Future Groove
- Map Studio Cafe Camden with Future Groove
- 2011 -2012 Weekly and monthly residency's at, Davy's Wine Bars, Skinkers SE1 (London Bridge)The Exchange EC2, and FOB (Monument), City Flogger EC3, Plantation Place EC3 with jazz trio James Gilbert (Sax) and Helen McDonald (Vocals).
Mr and Mrs Russell . Wedding at Hylands Hse May 2011
"Yul, Thank you once again for helping to make our wedding day so special. Your music added a lovely relaxed atmosphere to our reception, and was just what we were looking for."
Anna Maria McKeever, Director, British Polish Business Club
"It is a pleasure to confirm that Mr Yul Emirali helped us to make a very successful event by playing live music on the piano during the business mixer with an auction of paintings of Polish artists organised by the British Polish Business Club on 14th May 2008 at the Polish Embassy in London. Both his performance and the selection of music was outstanding and I am happy to recommend Mr Emirali to all potential customers."